Monday, May 7, 2007

Ups and Downs

Wow.
Well first off, let
me start by saying that this
week has been a rollercoaster!

But God is sovereign and I
am indeed thankful. I am,
however, acutely attuned to
my sinful nature. In the sense
that I can see my shortcomings
and my sin, I am thankful.
But in the area where my sin
overcomes and I am ignorant,
I struggle.

Pleasing the Lord is the delight
of my existance. When he smiles on
me, I am truely happy. I just
have constant daily battles with my
sin. As a follower of God, that is to
be expected. It is just the conscious
evil that my sin nature produces, it
frustrates and overcomes.

So I hold fast in the word,
lean on the Rock, pray intensely,
and know that my hope is solid.

Be encouraged beloved!!!

"Soon shall close my earthly mission,
Swift shall pass my pilgrim days,
Hope shall change to glad fruition,
Faith to sight, and prayer to praise."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Monday.

Sounds like you're preaching well to yourself! Keep it up babe ~ I'm in prayer for ya.

And do you read Spurgeon? Things you say sometimes really reflect stongly of Spurgeon influences... Just wondering. :)

P. Chase Sears said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I look forward to reading it.

- Adopted Big Brother. Haha