Saturday, May 5, 2007

I suppose

Well friends.
On Sunday, we had a
gentlemen talk to Crossroads
about finances. He challenged
us as Christians to get a handle
on our spending and money at
an early age.
And today, that is what I am
resolving to accomplish.

Other than that, I worked
today. Only four hours but
it was good. Lately work has
been actually pleasant.
What a bonus.

I was listening to
Rick Holland's relationship
series on my commute and
felt challenged. Well, challenged
and encouraged. I felt called to
be a Godly woman and to mirror
Christ in my everyday actions.
Christianity, as well, isn't an
act that unfolds inside the walls
of a Church. My relationship to God,
as well as to others, is something that
exists with every second of my life.
I just dwelled on that fact today:
to live as I claim to.

I fall short, to be certain,
however, God's grace abounds in
my weakness. Beloved, be encouraged.
Tomorrow is Sunday, one of my favorites.
It's encouraging to be with all my friends
and to worship among them. I have a
gift here in California that I never thought
I'd recieve.

I am starting at Santa Monica College
quite soon. I register on the 14th of
this month. Actually, I'm quite nervous.
Realizing that in my weakness Christ
is strong, I press forward. It's just a new
start and I want to savor every moment of
it.

So pray for me, brothers and sisters.
Pray for my academic endurance and
understanding, that I would bring honor
to my King through my actions, that I
would cultivate an attitude of a Godly woman,
and that I would praise in all circumstances.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Hello. I found your blog. And I'm not studying for finals. But I'm going to.

grace said...

Yeees!! New blospot friend!!

<3

Jennifer said...

Oh, I will be praying, my dear! For all of the above.

"praise in all circumstances"

Ah, yes, so good. Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing.